The Structure of packet storm control management for the proprietary enterprise.
IPHost Network Monitor offer an easy way of SNMP monitoring your D-Link Servers, Routers, Switches, Bridges, Firewalls, Repeaters.
OID list for PKT-STORM-CTRL-MIB
- Manually recover port from shutdown state. If a port has encountered packet storm continuously for a long period of time indicated by swPktStormCtrlCountDown, this port will be shut down forever. This command recover it manually.
- This object controls when a storm control notification will be generated. If the object is set to none(1): no notificationswill be generated. stormOccurred(2): stormCleared(3):A notification will be generated when a storm event is detected or cleared res ...
- A table that contains information about packet storm control. S/W mechanism is provided to monitor the traffic rate in addition to the H/W storm control mechanism. If traffic rate is too high, this port will be shut down.
- A list of information for each port of the device.
- This object indicates the device's port number.(1..Max port number in the device).Used to specify a range of ports to be configured.
- The upper threshold at which the specified storm control will turn on. .
- This object indicates the broadcast strom control enabled or disabled.
- This object indicates the multicast strom control enabled or disabled.
- This object indicates the unicast strom control enabled or disabled.
- There are two actions to take for strom control, shutdown and drop. The former is implemented in S/W, and the latter is implemented in H/W. If uer choose shutdown, Needs configure back_off and time_interval as well.
- If packet storm has been encountered continuously on given port for a long period of time (indicated by the value of this object), the port will be shut down forever until it's recovered manually.The range of the countdown time is 5-30 minutes. User can c ...
- The sampling interval of received packet counts. The possible value will be 5~30 seconds.
- This object indicates thestrom control whether or not shutted down forever.
Download IPHost Network Monitor (500 monitors for 30 days, 50 monitors free forever) to start monitoring network devices right now.