This MIB is intended to be implemented on all IOS based network entities that provide Wireless Domain Services, for the purpose of providing network management stations information about the various attempts to compromise the security in the 802.11-based wireless networks. Entities that can be configured to provide Wireless Domain Services could be an 802.11 Access Point, a Switch or any other IOS network device, that allows the WDS configuration. The MIB reports the information about the MAC spoofing attempts made by wireless clients to compromise the security of the network.
IPHost Network Monitor offer an easy way of SNMP monitoring your Cisco Servers, Routers, Switches, Bridges, Firewalls, Repeaters.
OID list for CISCO-WDS-IDS-MIB
- This object indicates the maximum number of different MAC addresses for which spoofing events are held in this table.
- This object indicates the maximum number of entries that can be held for a particular MAC address indicated by the object ciscoWdsIdsMacSpoofStaMacAddress.
- This table gives the information about the MAC spoofing attacks detected by the network entity offering WDS. An entry in this table is created by the agent when the WDS detects a MAC spoofing attack. The agent at anytime will retain only the most recent a ...
- An entry holds the information about one instance of MAC spoofing attack detected on the radio interface of the AP identified by ciscoWdsIdsMacSpoofStaMacAddress.
- This object identifies the radio interface of the 802.11 station, that has forwarded the authentication request of the client with the spoofed MAC address indicated by ciscoWdsIdsMacSpoofClient, to the WDS.
- This object identifies the set of information about one instance of a MAC spoofing attack detected by the WDS. The radio interface of the 802.11 station that has forwarded the authentication request is identified by ciscoWdsIdsMacSpoofStaMacAddress.
- This object indicates the MAC address that has been spoofed.
- This object indicates the userId used by the wireless client when attempting the MAC spoofing attack.
- This object indicates the time at which this MAC spoofing attempt is detected by the WDS.
- This collection of objects provide the information about the various attempts to spoof the MAC addresses of valid wireless clients in the network.
Download IPHost Network Monitor (500 monitors for 30 days, 50 monitors free forever) to start monitoring network devices right now.